Friday, September 30, 2016

Transformations in seating

In our district we are talking about transformations.  One of the things that I have had a vision for since I came to MMS is the transformation of the library to be more of an "inviting" and comfortable place for students to come and not only read but create, collaborate and just spend some time enjoying some individual time.   I started by adding some color around the media center and in the display cases.
Another way I would like to transform the media center into something more comfortable is moving the seating around.  We had some couch pieces around but I decided to move a few of them from behind the wall
 and make them more of an individual and  comfortable seating space for kids. Once I moved a few of the pieces I was surprised on the positive comments I received.  I would like to add some more comfortable seating in the future.  Maybe I will have to look into a donor's choose project.

No comments:

Post a Comment